Friday, July 5, 2013

What I've Been Reading Lately

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!  Here in NY the weather was perfect for bbq's and the beach.

Right now, I’m into historical romance novels.   The ideas of women during the 1600’s are very interesting to me.  It’s also kinda refreshing compared to some of the paranormal romances I was reading before.  Society was everything if you were a part of the ton and simply being caught alone with a woman holding her hand or (heavan forbid) kissing was scandalous enough that you either had to marry or move away. 

 I’ve been downloading those 2 at a time from Amazon’s Best Sellers ebooks page.  My main criteria for most free ebooks are that they have to be at least 300 pages.  I just finished reading Wallflower by Catherine Gayle (at the time of posting, this one is no longer free but $0.99).  Complete review of this book to follow.

In the meantime, here’s a few of that I have read and would recommend for lighthearted reading:
Scotsmen Prefer Blondes by Sara Ramsey – Cute story with an interesting leading lady and a beleaguered Scottish hottie
Intentions of the Earl by Rose Gordon – This one starts off simple enough but with so many twists at the end it’s hard to keep up but the romantic scenes make up for the convoluted ending.
Midnight Marriage by Lucinda Brant – Interesting story from beginning to end.  If you can get past the language, there is a romantic love story, heroic gentleman and a real treat in the afterward by the author.


Have Fun!
Tiffany

No comments:

Post a Comment